A few months with the mouse can change your life entirely. Continue reading
You have no idea what you’re missing out on. Continue reading
You can’t complain that nothing new is being added to the parks and then complain when new things are announced. Continue reading
This may be goodbye, but your message will carry on and continue to inspire generations of Disney lovers. Continue reading
The incredibly popular Red Rose Sipper, which originally debuted at Disneyland, has made its way to Gaston’s Tavern and is now available to purchase. Continue reading
Rivers of Lights has officially debuted at Disney’s Animal Kingdom and I had the opportunity to experience it for myself. This is a show you do not want to miss. Continue reading
I am a firm believer in the fact that dreams are only dreams until you make them a reality. Having a dream is great, but it’s only the foundation. You need to be willing to put in the work to … Continue reading
To my Disney College Program Family,
We have all gone our separate ways. We have gone back to school; we have extended our programs; we have gone part time at Disney; we have traveled the world and we have found new jobs. Our paths have taken us in directions we didn’t know were possible until they were happening, but something just doesn’t feel right.
And that’s because we aren’t together.
I walk around campus and I feel lonely. I know people, I have friends, I go out…but it just doesn’t feel the same anymore. I look around at all of these groups of friends and I’m jealous.
I’m jealous because my close group of friends is scattered all around the country and I don’t know when I’ll see them again.
Something magical happens when you do a Disney College Program. You step out of your comfort zone because somehow…you already feel comfortable. You find yourself wanting to meet new people and make new friends because you want more people to share your love of Disney with. You click with so many people in such a short amount of time and you become inseparable.
In my almost five years of college, I have never experienced anything like this. Nothing I have ever been a part of really felt like…a family. And I need to thank each and every one of you for making my home away from home so incredibly special.
I miss that moment we met for the first time.
I miss seeing your faces at work.
I miss driving to work and having dance parties in the car or taking Transtar to work and being scared the whole ride something was going to happen.
I miss bonding in the break room.
I miss taking pictures in our god awful costumes.
I miss group chats.
I miss sleepovers.
I miss inside jokes.
I miss days off spent exploring the parks together.
I miss cheating on Disney and heading to Universal.
I miss lying by the pool and having deep talks about life.
I miss parties and HOB nights.
I miss waiting in 30 minute long lines for Taco Bell after work.
I miss making stupid faces for ride photos.
I miss impromptu photo shoots.
I miss riding Tower of Terror a million times in a row.
I miss having meals together.
I miss graduation day.
I miss being able to text you that I needed you and you showing up at my door five minutes later.
I miss everything.
I miss everything every, single, day.
It doesn’t get easier; when you spend every day with someone for six months of your life, not having them around is hard. It’s painful. But I am thankful that we had six months of experiences together. I am thankful for late nights at iHop, Sunday and Wednesday nights at HOB, mornings spent at Trails End, and countless days spent getting to know and love each other while playing in our magical backyard.
You won’t understand this feeling until you go through it yourself. It can’t be explained, it can’t be faked and it can’t be taken for granted.
I miss and love you all. Thank you for making my program what it was. You have set the bar extremely high for my future friends–let’s pray they like Disney as much we do.
If you’re currently going through your program, cherish these moments you are sharing with your best friends. And if you are long gone from your program, go text your best friends and thank them for being part of your journey, whether it’s been six months or six years.
You can read every description of the Disney College Program, but there are some things you won’t know until you experience it for yourself. Continue reading
I am finally writing my first post of the new year! (I know it’s eight days late…forgive me.)
First of all, HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
A new year brings new opportunities, new relationships, new adventures and SO MUCH THEME PARK NEWNESS.
Are you as excited as I am?!
Before I run down the list of new things happening at some of our favorite theme parks this year, can I just say that you need to experience NYE in Disney at least ONCE in your lifetime? It’s magical. In fact, it needs its own post. *Makes mental note to do a post on NYE in Disney*
Now that I’m done being sidetracked, let’s talk about some of the things you can experience this year in some of the best theme parks in the country!
1. I am just going to leave this list of 10 new rides/attractions coming to theme parks across the country via Theme Park Tourist here. All I have to say is…I need to go to Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Look at the list–you’ll see why.
2. This year, Disneyland will be celebrating 60 years of being The Happiest Place on Earth! (July 17 is the day Disneyland opened in 1955.) The Diamond Celebration is set to begin this Spring, and I need to find my way to California.
3. The Sorcerer’s Hat at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is officially on its way out as of yesterday. Workers have begun to dismantle the impressive structure and soon, The Chinese Theatre will be in full view as guests walk down Hollywood Boulevard. Will the Earful Tower resume its duty of being the park icon? Only time will tell!
4. I know it’s far away, but Universal Studios Florida will be putting on their 25th Halloween Horror Nights event this fall on select nights from Sept. 25-Oct. 31. I am a huge baby when it comes to anything horror, but HHN keeps me coming back every year. If you’ve never been, this is the year to go. I guarantee they have some amazing plans up their sleeves.
5. The Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival at Walt Disney World returns this Spring from March 4-May 17. I have personally never attended the Flower and Garden Festival AND I will be in Disney completing my college program this Spring, so I’m excited to go for the first time!
6. A Celebration of Harry Potter at Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure takes place from Jan. 30- Feb 1.*Fun Fact: YOU CAN DRESS UP!* There are so many fun events planned throughout the weekend, so take a look here and form a plan of action if you plan on going!
7. The ‘Frozen’ Fun may have ended at Walt Disney World (except for the sing along at DHS), but it’s just starting over on the other coast! At Disney California Adventure, you can meet the royal sisters, shop at Wandering Oaken’s, play in the snow, and maybe even get a warm hug from Olaf! Details can be found here. There is also a ‘Frozen’ show at Disneyland, so be sure to get a park hopper ticket in order to experience everything ‘Frozen’!
8. Star Wars Weekends at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be here again before we know it! (May 15-June 14 to be exact) And with the release of a brand new Star Wars movie at the end of this year, I bet the event will be even better!
I guarantee there are more things happening this year, and as I find them out I will add them to the list! If you know of anything super awesome happening at a theme park this year, let me know in the comments!
What events are you looking forward to most? What theme parks do you plan on visiting? Let me know so I can live vicariously through you!